The 2015 season of the awesome Bangalore Bicycle Championships is going to kick off with a 33.5km Individual Time Trial on Old Madras Road.
The start point is Emerald Isle Resort on Old Madras Road in Hoskote.
Get your race face on people and get ready for a rocking new season at the Bangalore Bicycle Championships.
Where : Emerald Isle Resort, Hoskote on Old Madras Road
When : 15th Feb, 2015 (Sunday)
Distance : ~33.5Km
Race start: 7am (Registration starts 6:15am)
Map to race start:
Race Fee: INR 300 online registration (U18 category race free – flash your ID Card!) NO SPOT REGISTRATIONS
Registrations Closes on Friday.
- What is a ITT?
An individual time trial (ITT) is a road bicycle race in which cyclists race alone against the clock on flat or rolling terrain, or up a mountain road – literally "against the watch". ITTs are also referred to as "the race of truth", as winning depends only on each rider's strength and endurance, and not on help provided by team-mates and others riding ahead and creating a slipstream.
Starting times are at equal intervals, usually one or two minutes apart. The starting sequence is usually based on the finishing times in preceding races (or preceding stages in the case of a multi-stage race) with the highest ranked cyclist starting last. Starting later gives the racer the advantage of knowing what time they need to beat (and also makes the event more interesting to spectators). Competitors are not permitted to draft (ride in the slipstream) behind each other. Any help between riders is forbidden. The rider with the fastest time is declared the winner.
Route Out and back along the Old Madras Road, starting in the service road, entering the highway immediately. Stay on the highway for approximately 16.5km, and take a U-turn just after the Confident Amoon Resort. You’ll experience headwinds on the way out, so fight through it and enjoy the return!.
- Riders are expected to be on self supported race mode including mechanical fixing, flat fixing, carrying their own toolkit, towing of the cycle if required etc.
- Emergency ambulance support will be available (Thanks to Sita Bhateja speciality hospital and Spectrum Physio. You guys are awesome!)
- Any rider can contact the race director through a specified BBCh phone number which will be active ONLY on race day (07406-998925)
- Riders are expected to read and understand and adhere to the rules of the race available on the website (http://bbch.in/RulesBook.htm)
- The race referee reserves the sole discretion of analyzing any situation during the race and his opinion will be considered final
- Registration is strictly on-line (http://bbch15-race1.doattend.com) and no spot registration will be allowed
If you would like to get in touch with the the core team, please do shoot us an email at email@example.com
Further details all on the race page
February 15, 2015
Add to your calendar
Emerald Isle Resort
NH 4, Old Madras Road
Kasba Hobali, Hoskote